The Last Day Before….

Monday, March 1, 2010

seuss_banner7

 Dr. Seuss Quote of the Day
"Preachers in pulpits talked about what a great message is in the book. No matter what you do, somebody always imputes meaning into your books.."

Seuss Fact:
The line “A person’s a person, no matter how small,” from “Horton Hears a Who!,” has been used as a slogan for anti-abortion organizations. It’s often questioned whether that was Seuss’ intent in the first place, but when he was still alive, he threatened to sue an anti-abortion group unless they removed his words from their letterhead.


Seuss_7-Horton                                            -Horton
                                           
ballpoint pen on paper

Last night folks! Sorry for the late post of this my seventh drawing for the late Dr. Seuss. You didn’t think that I’d actually leave out Horton did you? In all honesty, I almost did. Somehow, I cannot count up to a full week. I realized this morning that I had only drawn six little tributes, thinking that the last day would fall on Seuss’ actual birthday, and the lottery subsequently.
So here we are….seven days, seven drawings, plus three that are available to win. Not a bad week…even if I am exhausted and my mother just gave me grief that I’m doing things for free and other motherly concerns….in all honesty, I kind of blocked her out and started daydreaming of monkeys made of marshmallows having a knife fight in the treetops.
I will draw the names of the three (i mean four) winners tomorrow evening and post the results right afterwards. Until then, keep the guesses coming….I’ll accept them until midday tomorrow.

No comments:

 

all Content © Copyright 2006-2010 | s.fisher williams / aqualab studios