no Working Title….for Obvious Reasons

Saturday, January 2, 2010

(Originally Published just for the MySpace Blog – Re-Published Here in its Entirety for no other reason than “Just Because” – the Names and Places have not been changed to Protect the Innocent because let’s face it, You’re not really reading this little Disclaimer, are you….oh, you might be pretending to, your eyes moving across the screen of your laptop while you sit there in the Coffee House hoping to Impress the cute Barista….but you have no chance….she’s into Women….sorry to have to Break it to You this way……wait, where was I going with this?)WhereTheSidewalkEnds

As I’m sure most of you recognize, the above picture is from Shel Silverstein’s Where the Sidewalk Ends,  and for those of you who don’t know who or what I’m talking about…..shame on you! Shame! In any case, its use here is due to the fact that I could think of no better image for the subject I’m writing about.
I have been debating this with myself for a long time now, and finally come to the conclusion to just call it what it is and be done with it. I’m talking of course about MySpace, and what to call it, is “over”.

I joined this little big community about, or over, five years ago now…to be honest, for the purposes of marketing and networking, which I did, but I also made a lot of new friends and accomplished a handful of foolish things along the way. It’s for those reasons that the decision to move on has been so difficult, but let’s face it, all things come to an end.

The reason for this post was both to inform you of this decision as well as to invite you all who’ve stayed with me here to perhaps go a bit further with me elsewhere….reading that back to myself, it sounds as if I’m talking about some distorted version of spin the bottle that also involves a jar of fire-ants, some molasses and a butter knife…but why the hell would you think that?! That’s just fucking weird and you should be ashamed!
No, I’m speaking of the fact that this little milk crate of mine in MySpace Square is not the only one that I keep. Below are links to my other blogs out there: the Zombiespoon Manifesto (which has been identical to this one, just hosted out in the real world…he says, speaking of the internet…as he writes this in his room…alone…away from human contact…with Kleenex boxes on his feet), and Crumbly Nevertheless (which has far less of my written vomit, more of my imagery vomit, and has taken on a life of its own over the past several months)…both of which I’m adding here in hopes that you‘ll continue to join me out there if you’ve in any way enjoyed this little rant box here.

I’m also adding these two additional links below, which lead to my Facebook profiles….because I’m a traitor….No, because, lets be honest, that is what has slowly taken the lead in the online community race, at least for now; and if you have been my friend here, maybe you would like to continue being so out there.



So, here we are, at the end of this sidewalk and onto the next. I will be deleting this corner of my online persona in about a week or so, after the tying up of loose ends….which involve the jar of fire-ants, molasses and a butter knife…and you, if you’d care to come along.

No comments:

 

all Content © Copyright 2006-2010 | s.fisher williams / aqualab studios