Lockers Frozen for about Six Weeks......

Friday, February 23, 2007

The following is an actual conversation between two men I overheard while changing in the locker room of my gym:

Older man: Hey Joe! Haven't seen you for a while.

Younger man: About six weeks.


Older man: Where you been hiding?

Younger man: About six weeks.

Older man: You get down to Florida yet?

Younger man: About six weeks.

Older man: Hear it's been nice there lately, but there's going to be some strong storms.

Younger man: About six weeks.

Older man: How's Carol?

Younger man: About six weeks.

Older man: She start back at the school yet?

Younger man: About six weeks.

Older man: Shame about what happened, but you both have the Lord looking after you.

Younger man: About six weeks.

Older man: Similar thing happened to a cousin of mine when he was about, oh I don't know, maybe in his twenties, and he didn't wear socks for near two years....or was he my nephew?

(Holy Shit! I swear I am NOT making that up!! He actually said that!! At this point I was sitting on the bench tieing my shoes and I had to bend down so that my face was almost touching them because I started laughing)


Younger man: About six weeks.

(The conversation paused here while the older gentleman seemed to have a strange wrestling match with his towel, that had somehow gotten extremely twisted, muttering things under his breath while doing so.......I was dressed at this point and put my ear buds in and exited to go work out)


Seriously, this really took place! I have no clue wether the Younger man was messing with the Older man by just answering "About Six Weeks" to everything, or if he had suffered some sort of mental stroke leaving that phrase as the only thing he could say. I don't know why the Older man never seemed to even take notice to that. And for the life of me, I can't even begin to figure out what sort of disaster would cause someone to miss work or school (depending on wether this woman was a student or school employee) as well as possibly lead to the hatred or fear of wearing socks for any length of time!! Now, I get accussed of living in my own skewed version of reality from time to time, so when reality takes it upon itself to do the skewing for me, I get unbelieveably happy! I've had a shit eating grin on my face ever since this incident, and it was even enough to counter the other conversation I was listening to before, where a man stated that Climate Change (ie: Global Warming) was definitely a myth for the reasons that Fox News said as much as well as there being snow on the ground........yeah, I so wanted to remind him that the fact that the Earth orbits the sun was a myth, until it wasn't. It just wouldn't have been as effective to say that while giggling.

No comments:

 

all Content © Copyright 2006-2010 | s.fisher williams / aqualab studios