Nobody Walks to L.A.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I’m a little late on doing this post, that is, I really should have written about this over a week ago. That being said, I’ll just get into the meat of it.

For those of you who know me, or have been following me in any of my various forms of social media outlets (blog, Facebook, screaming out of my studio window into a megaphone made from luncheon meats stitched together), you might recall a drawing I was fortunate enough to do for an ongoing online project known as Sketch Theatre.
A quick recap for those who are giving me that blank stare that I’m all too familiar with: I did a drawing for Sketch Theatre. That’s about the quickest recap I can do.
A little more in depth: Sketch Theatre best describes what they’re about in the Mission Statement, but the process is this: they film artists from various fields drawing and use the footage to make a short film of the process.
Its fairly genius actually, and completely surprising to me that it hadn’t been done before, at least, not to the success that Sketch Theatre is doing it.

Like I said, a little over a year ago I was extremely lucky to become a part of this, and had traveled to L.A. to have my own drawing filmed.

The reason I’m bringing all of this up is because of the fact that I’ll be travelling back to L.A. in just a weeks time to join the Sketch Theatre Crew and many of the artists who have participated for the release of the first Sketch Theatre Book:

Sketch-Theatre-3.indd

Sketch-Theatre-3.indd

Needless to say, I’m excited to be a part of this, and there is no words to describe how amazing it is to be listed among such other artists that I’ve admired.
So, if you are reading this and have the ability to attend at all, please do! It’s looking to be a great event.

I’ll post more info on where and how to get a copy of the book when I learn it at a later date, for those of you who can’t attend.

Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

crazy and cool book of talent...
thank you!
jeremy [iZombie]

 

all Content © Copyright 2006-2010 | s.fisher williams / aqualab studios